It seems most of us broil, bake or fry fish. However, fish is absolutely divine cooked on the grill and so are grilled vegetables. Both fish and fresh grilled vegetables are very nutritious and beneficial to our health. Grilling fish is quite simple and makes an excellent meal to serve when entertaining guests.
The secret to great fish on the grill is to use the freshest fillets and vegetables available and the right blend of spices. The following recipe is for grouper grilled in foil envelopes and will feed four adults.
GRILLED GROUP IN FOIL
4 Grouper fillets
2 Green Bell Peppers
1 Large Onion
1 Large red tomato
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 Tablespoon of Paprika
3/4 teaspoon Salt
3/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
Slightly less than 1/2 teaspoon of each of the following: Black Pepper, Onion Powder, Oregano, Cayenne Pepper, dried Thyme.
* In a clean, unused shaker bottle, combine the paprika, salt, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, oregano, cayenne pepper, and dried thyme. Stir with a straw to blend the spices together well and set aside.
* If planning to serve baked potatoes with the fillets, proceed to prepare those for baking and place them in the oven.
* Heat charcoal grill. If you must, use a gas grill but the taste is intensified on a charcoal grill.
* Rinse and dry the tomato and slice into 1/4 inch thick slices. Set aside.
* Clean and dry the zucchini and quarter each. Remove the seed section on each quarter and discard. Slice into strips approximately 1 1/2 inches long and no more than an inch wide. Set aside.
* Rinse, dry, and cut each bell pepper in half and seed, removing all white lining. Slice each half in thin strips about 1/4 wide.
* Peel and quarter the onion. Cut each quarter into thin strips lengthwise.
* Place all vegetables in sheets of aluminum foil and spritz with olive oil. Place on the grill and allow to cook approximately fifteen minutes before proceeding.
* Pull vegetables off grill and return to kitchen.
* Using 4 sheets of aluminum foil approximately 14 X 14, place 1 grouper fillet in the center of each. Spritz with the olive oil.
* Shake approximately 1/8 of the contents of the shaker bottle of spices you blended over each piece of fish.
* Top each fish fillet with 2 slices tomato, 1/4 of the onion strips, 1/4 of zucchini strips, and 1/4 of the bell pepper strips. Spritz each with more olive oil over the vegetables.
* Shake another 1/8 of the contents of the shaker bottle of spices over each.
* Fold the foil into an envelope and place the fillets on the grill for approximately 30-40 minutes. Remove one envelope and test to see if both vegetables and fish are done.
* When the fillets and vegetables have finished cooking, remove the envelopes from the grill and serve immediately.
This recipe is delicious served with a green tossed side salad and a baked potato. You may serve the fillets in the foil envelopes by tearing a hole in the top of each envelope, or by removing the contents of the envelope to the individual’s plate.